Saturday, September 29, 2012

Movie trailer: Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia


I've read the first book, tried reading the sequel (didn't finish, because I felt too depressed by Ethan's inner monologue, but I will give this book a second try at some point.. I really want to..) and this movie will definitely be marked on my calendar at the beginning of 2013. I wasn't aware that the trailer was already out and if you haven't seen it yet, be sure to check it out! It looks amazing! Is it weird that I like this better than the book? The movie isn't even out yet, but I'm excited. Look for me in the queues after it's been introduced to the masses, because I will be standing in the line, waiting to see this. Yes, count me in!

4 comments:

  1. I love the trailer but haven't had the chance to read the books yet!! I have them on my TBR list so I'll definitely have to do so before the movie is released!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty good. I liked the writing style and the charactarisations were great, but I felt like it was too depressing. Funny, because I live in a small town myself, like it has a little over 6,000 permanent residents (but I do live like 7 km out of the capital city and I study and work there, so.. yeah, not that bad) and everything you say/do gets around a lot. Like your every action is being talked about, not so easy to stay anonymous and just matter your own things without getting judgmental looks from everyone and that's what happens with Ethan and Lena in Beautiful Creatures. It's an interesting take on witches and explores different sides of young adults in general. I liked it, but I wasn't blown away by it. BUT you should read it! And then see the movie, it sure looks great ;)

    Thanks for stopping by, Kayla! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely stunning book trailer! I hadn't seen it yet, and I think I might be a little obsessed as I've now watched it 5 times:) I never made it past the first book either, but the movie looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see it on the big screen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I watched it multiple times, too :D And I really liked the trailer as well! It's beautiful, stunning, thrilling and completely captures the tone the book was trying to give. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't read the entire series, feel like a loner when this topic comes up, because there is a huuugee fanbase behind this series. Thank you, Jenny for stopping by! Have a great day, x

    ReplyDelete