Wednesday, September 5, 2012

"Waiting on" Wednesday #7


"Waiting on" Wednesday is hosted at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. Even though it's a weekly event, I post my entries biweekly.

This week we have:
  1. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
  2. Never by Jeanne Ryan

Original Title: Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy #1)
Author: Sarah Rees Brennan
Release Date: September 11th 2012
Add it: Goodreads

Why? I absolutely adore the cover. It's got this umm.. freakish vibe to it, but it's beautifully freaky if you know what I mean. Heck, I don't even know what I mean. It's so, so pretty and I couldn't pass this cover in a bookshop without walking back and wanting to know what this book is about. So a boy has been living inside your head your whole life and you're quite possibly in love with him. Suddenly he is real and you get the real chance? Add a little mystery and family drama to it and voilà! You got me hooked.



Original Title: Never
Author: Jeanne Ryan
Release Date: September 13th 2012
Add it: Goodreads
Why? There are a few people I know who've read The Hunger Games trilogy and didn't love it. It was such an influential series and I'm looking forward to reading a book that can continue that legacy other than the Divergent trilogy. This book seems full of potential and even if I'm pretty sure that it doesn't live up to being the next Hunger Games, I hope it'll still entertain me to its full potential and I'm really, really looking forward to reading this book. Other than that, I think the cover is pretty cool and the girl on the cover kind of reminds me of JoJo and I'm not quite sure why. Anyway, a book that's all about dares? Bring it on!



What do you think? Are these books on your TBR pile? Would you be interested in reading them? Leave your WoW links in the comments and I'll check out your picks :)

10 comments:

  1. These are some awesome choices! Unspoken is one I've been seeing around a lot and Nerve, well that one's new to me :) It sounds so interesting though XD

    Thanks for sharing <3
    + New Follower • My WoW

    By the way, your blog is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've seen Unspoken around a lot, too :) So far I've seen only one 2 star rating by a major blogger from xpressoreads, otherwise the ratings and feedback has been pretty positive. And Nerve, ugh, it sounds so intriguing and I'd love to get it ASAP. Definitely one of the books to read this fall. And thank you for following, means the world to me! love, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Unspoken it sounds great!

    Great picks!

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-18/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen Unspoken a lot around the blogosphere. I'll have to add it to my wishlist! :) Thanks for sharing, I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Mary It does, doesn't it? Thanks for leaving your link, will check it out in a bit :)

    @ Chey I didn't add it until I'd seen it a few times thrown in different WOW's and added by people in my friend list on GR. This just sounds so great and the cover is uh, so gorgeous! And thank you so, so much for following. Sending you tons of love! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Mary It does, doesn't it? Thanks for leaving your link, will check it out in a bit :)

    @ Chey I didn't add it until I'd seen it a few times thrown in different WOW's and added by people in my friend list on GR. This just sounds so great and the cover is uh, so gorgeous! And thank you so, so much for following. Sending you tons of love! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both books are on my wish list. They sound great :D I think Nerve is going to be an intense read!

    Take a look at my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are? Eeep! They do sound great and that's the very first reason why they're mentioned in this post :) Thank you for stopping by, girl! And will check out your picks ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks. I've got my eye on both of these and Unspoken is only a week away :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad that everyone is excited about these books :):)

    ReplyDelete