Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Cover Love: September 2012

Yeah, I know, I almost missed it so hopefully I'll post October's Cover Love earlier than on the last day of November, but I still made it in time. Ha. Anyway, let's get started.

Don't judge a book by its cover? Well, that's exactly what I'm going to do right now: give these pretties a thumbs up based on their covers. Fasten your seatbelts and jump on the train to give these books multiple look overs since one obviously isn't enough.

Among the books I read last month, these are the two covers that stood out the most:

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Published: January 11th 2011
Add It: Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository 

Why? Well.. To be honest, I had been wanting to read it for quite a long time but hadn't purchased it for some weird reason. So.. Last year my Mom got me a giftcard at a local book store for Christmas and I hadn't used it yet (don't even ask my why.. I honestly don't have a clue.. For real!) and one day after work this summer I decided to go and use it. I ended up buying 3 books and this was one of them. I just had to get it. It would have been painful to leave that pretty cover back in there and walk out without it. It's so freaking beautiful! The stars are one of the main points in this book and it couldn't be any more perfect with Amy and Elder inches away from each other. Elder studying her, Amy trusting him. It's probably one of my favorite covers ever!





  Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Published: September 25th 2012
Add It: Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository 

Why? This cover, on the other hand, isn't the most gorgeous cover I've seen, but it has something going on that I like even though I can't exactly explain what that something is. I like that Alice is sitting in a Rabbit Hole, although after reading the book it feels kind of wrong because it isn't a retelling of Alice in Wonderland. Even so, her dress is beautiful, I'm loving the font and the frame that surrounds the picture gives this cover a mysterious mirror-look (if that makes any sense. Does it? Idk.). Also, I like the little details on the cover such as the card suits e.g.



Cover Love is an original feature at I’m Loving Books (she also makes kick-ass banners and buttons). At the beginning of every month, I round up all of my favorite covers from books I’ve read the previous month and tell you what I love about them!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of the Alice In Zombieland cover! You're right that at first glance it's easy to go "meh", but then the more you look at it the more the little details pop out at you and it becomes gorgeous and fascinating I think:) Plus, I love her dress. I want to just wander about in it and sit down at random times so I can be surrounded by all that fabric:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! That dress!!!! Loving every bit of it, haha. And the little details are what make this cover, if it weren't for them, it would just be a pretty girl sitting in a gorgeous dress. But yes, there's definitely something appealing about this cover:)

      Delete